Floorings are in so what? Office Carpets are not dead. There is no doubt floors are coming with new and brand new additions very quickly from past decades, but that never meant carpets had lost their places. Carpets were, and Carpets are still the preferred choice in the market. In fact, according to a few surveys only in the USA, there are 51% of users who prefer carpet as a flooring option for their place, whether it is office or homes.
Innovations and change is part of everything. This change has made so much development which we see around us. Thanks to the technology carpets have also evolved, no more hand-woven carpets are found as the only choice for surface coverings. Synthetic technology and techniques have provided it with a great comeback in the market with more popularity than before.
Carpets were once only the decorative item for homes but not anymore. From the last few decades, carpets are widely used in offices as a popular choice for floors. Natural or hand-woven carpets are expensive, bulky and difficult to maintain – on the other hand, synthetic carpets are light in weight and durable and available at affordable prices. That is the reason why synthetic rugs are also known as commercial types of carpets.
This guide here will deal with two issues. Firstly, the characteristics that help you to choose a better carpet for your commercial place. Secondly, types of rugs which are known as the best type of carpets for office users.
Factors to consider:
There are four main factors which you should consider before buying any carpet for the office.
- Budget: First thing first, you must have to consider the budget to buy if you have selected your desired type and color before considering your pocket. You may have to leave and pick another or have to pay over your budget. In both cases, it gets frustrating so consider buying.
- Foot Traffic: After you have decided or allocated the budget now, you have to look for types which are resistant to heavy foot traffic. At commercial places, foot traffic ratio is much higher than residential places. Lots of people come and go, and a sensitive or delicate type of rugs pile can’t stand so many people. Soon piles will be flattened. Then you may have to buy a new one, and it is not possible to do after a few months.
- Style: Rugs should match or contrast according to decoration and color schemes of the wall. Choose color wisely that might provide your room with an additional sophisticated touch.
- Quality & durability: Make sure to buy mats which are durable and excellent in quality as you may don’t have to replace it again in a few months.
Types of Carpets:
Among a few of the best types of Carpets for office are:
- Nylon: Synthetic carpets get along with the atmosphere and needs of the workplace. Nylon is considered as the most durable type of synthetic rugs. Nylon is stain-resistant and easy to clean. It efficiently sustains rough and massive foot traffic. Nylon carpets are available in different sophisticated colors which work along with the work atmosphere at a proper level.
- Carpet Tiles: Many companies want to give a creative and unique look to their office rooms. Carpet tiles provide a contemporary touch to your floors with a great deal of sophistication. Carpet squares are available in different styles, patterns and sizes. If you install them accordingly, they will present a unique look and floors might become the center of attraction to every visitor.
- Broadloom carpets: If you want a uniform and toned look in your office, broadloom can be one of your prior choices as a flooring option. Broadloom is durable and easy to maintain and clean. Broadloom also presents a formal and sophisticated look. They are available in neutral and bright colors that go right along with your decoration and style of the office.
Last but not least:
In the end, you have to make a decision; all of these choices are to help you in making that decision. Select something which you need at your place. Also, make sure to choose the type and style which gets along with the climate of your area.